NOTE: Each participant needs to have their own diving mask and snorkel
BATCH 7 | 08 May 2021 (maximum 4 participants)
- 2 Hour Theory: 3:00-5:00pm
- 2 Hour Practical: 5:00-7:00pm
For more information WhatsApp Jean Peters at +971 56 103 5309
- Discover your body’s unknow capabilities
- Get introduced to the amazing and relaxing world of freediving
- Learn the safety procedures in case someone gets in trouble in the water
- And how to avoid getting in trouble
- Expand your training routine, improve your fitness and surfing
- Strong basis to continue your freediving education
This course will introduce you to the basics of freediving: in a few words, you will understand how your body is made to cope with breath hold, how it reacts and how these reflexes are triggered.
The main difference between freediving and surfing is the intensity: freedivers focus on relaxation before a dive, surfers will exercise much more through paddling, duck dives or pop-up.
Hence, once the general theory is covered, the practical application and suggested training will be adapted to the surfer’s requirements and environment.
The 2h theory session will cover the basics of freediving:
- Freediving and your body’s physiology
- Safety procedures
- Breathing cycle and Recovery
and also introduce a hybrid training routine to improve your surfing.
The 2h practice session at the pool (Bermuda Diving Center) will be the right time:
- To train your static apnea (you will be able to hold your breath between 2-3min)
- Stretch your core to increase your lung volume
- Develop your CO2 and lactic acid tolerance through specific anaerobic training.
Not only applicable to surfing or freediving, understanding your breathing and mastering your heart rate will also be beneficial to handle any stressful situation you may encounter in your everyday life.
Course Package: SURFING x FREEDIVING and REACT RIGHT (First aid, CPR, Oxygen)
If you wish to become a more complete waterman and waterwoman, this course combination is the perfect package.
You will learn how to be safe in the water, and enjoy every surfing or freediving session to the fullest.
But also, be prepared in case things would take a less enjoyable turn.
Both courses are the same, only difference will be the price: AED 1,500 (VAT included) instead of AED 1,685 if taken separately.
In this package, you will also receive the SSI Try Freediving certification along with the SSI React Right certification (Emergency responder certification).