Paddle Out for World Mental Health Day
WHY A PADDLE OUT?
- The Paddle Out is a symbolic community event, uniting us to raise awareness for mental health, suicide prevention and ocean conservation.
- World Mental Health Day was established by The World Health Organization (WHO) and falls annually. This community event is part of the global efforts of the International Surf Therapy Organization (ISTO), and there will be many paddlers taking part in sister events held worldwide from Australia to California!
- Being in the ocean has proven therapeutic value, and surfing and other ocean based activities can increase emotion regulation, social connection, getting into flow state, being present, leaving everyday stress behind on the shore, and the natural release of dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins.
- Being out in the ocean creates a sense of awe, where we experience the wonder of nature, putting aside day to day stress.
HOW TO JOIN:
- All attendees must sign up individually using the link here.
- Meet at Sunset Beach at 4.30PM on Sunday 9th October
- We will get in the water at 5PM and gather paddle out to Burj Al Arab, where we’ll form a circle and take an epic group photo!
- Bring your surf board, paddle board, kayak, or body board or even dragon boats!
- If you need to hire a board, contact Surf House Dubai on 0505043020
- Bring your bathing suits, towels and water (in environmentally friendly bottles) snacks and coffee are available for purchase at Surf House until 7PM
Show your love for ocean conservation by making time for a beach clean up before or after we jump in the water.